I recently made these for breakfast and they were so yummy I just have to share the recipe.
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups loose-packed flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons unpumpkin pie spice by @RawSpiceBar (spice mix includes ginger, cinnamon, allspice berries, star anise, and nutmeg)
- ½ a roasted sweet potato
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat a waffle iron. This is the one we have
- In a medium, mix the almond milk and the apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, unpumpkin pie spice.
- To the medium bowl, add the mashed sweet potato, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla and whisk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Scoop an appropriate amount of batter onto your waffle iron and cook until the edges are crisp Serve hot with maple syrup