If you know how to build a basic smoothie you’ll never mess up. Follow these simple rules so you’ll always end up with a delicious smoothie. Once you feel comfortable building the basics you can start to become more adventurous with your smoothies by adding some fancy and unique ingredients of your own.
The perfect smoothie follows these simple rules:
- Use a balance of ingredients that complement each other.
- Mix in frozen and fresh fruits.
- Always use a liquid.
- Add greens for more nutrition.
Here’s what you need to make a smoothie:
- 2 cups of greens (Examples: spinach or kale)
- 1 cup creamy fruit (Examples: frozen bananas, mangos or an avocado)
- ¾ cup of sweet fruit (Examples: berries, apple, pears, cherry, etc.)
- 1 ½ cup liquid (Examples: juice, non-dairy milk, or coconut water)
Good luck and happy smoothie blending!